Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cake Pops!







Right now, Cake pops are "ALL THR RAGE". You can't walk into a singe Starbucks with out the haunting temptation of a "Birthday Cake Pop". Maybe for you its the connivance of the stick or the chocolate shell, but for me  its the small bites! When ever I have a cake at home I try and convince myself that I will only have a small piece... but I end up eating half the cake. I have no self control.. so if your like cake pops are a must!

I have seen so many cute way to decorate cake pops. From ice cream cones, to The Cookie Monster, cake pops are so fun! I like taking white chocolate and drizzling over for a cute contrast. Some of my friends like to dip them in white chocolate with food coloring for a fun pop of color. But no mater how you do it, they are so fun! The red velvet one is my favorite, but you can change the cake to whatever you want. Hope you like it!


Red Velvet Cake Pops:
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper
Lolly-pop sticks


1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.

[IMG_3520.jpg]

2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting.  3. Roll mixture into Golfball size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50.)


4. From the top, stick the lollypop stick half way through the ball.
5.Chill in the freezer for several hours. 
6. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
7. Dip balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm then tap off extra.



No comments:

Post a Comment